Monday, May 27, 2013

Up up and away...



This weekend I took a extra day off.
Friday was spent on the road.. the long, boring never ending road to Reno.
And when you do get to a town it looks like this..
At 25 mph
But being the good daughter that I am, I didn't mind helping Mom move some stuff to Reno. Helping out with the driving.. Knowing that I had secured a plane ticket for the ride home!

What airline is that?
I started looking for flights a week and a half before Memorial Day Weekend...  This can't be cheap!
Even Southwest was looking for almost $200.00 for a hour flight. 
A fare that can cost as little as $59.00 on a ordinary day.
So I do a Orbitz search and there is a flight on the day I want for $44.00. What? That can't be right.
I fast click the link.. flight has to be booking fast.
Nope the plane appeared pretty empty.
So I pick the best seat in the house. A little skeptical.. right up front!.
Guess what? That seat is $12.00!.  I un-click, a bit fascinated. and find that you can pre-book a seat For $5.00, $6.00, $10.00 or $12.00 bucks.

Otherwise you are on your own.

I chose a five dollar seat in the middle double row.

Now they ask if I am checking any bags?

50 bucks a bag???? I guess I can down size, I'm only taking two days worth of stuff.

No, I will just take a carry on.
10 dollars to take a carry on... a small duffle that I got free... (See previous post.)

After all was said and done, the flight was still a bargain at $62.00.

Yesterday I boarded that plane. That very small plane. The Grumpy staff  called us on board by how much you paid for your seat... Those rich folks getting on first.

I noted that the seats are smaller than usual.  The leg room was tight... for me.. I'm 5' 2". With a 28" inseam.
 
I really wasn't that uncomfortable, the seat next to me was empty and I just shoved my pocket book under that seat. (Usually there is plenty room for a bag and my gnome legs. )


Hey That aint nice.

Once we are air born I look for the button to recline my child sized seat... No button, no recline.
Oh well, it's only a hour flight.
Snack Time!

Every snack cost you.. and a soda or water is not free either... Should have smuggled in snacks.

Once we land... and I am not lying here.  We are asked, more like told to shut all the shades on the windows and turn on the vents....  This is because it's 90 degrees out and they don't like to run the A/C.. although I suspect they don't have any.


Thanks for flying with us! Sucka!
Would I fly with them again... Probably not.. Southwest offers the same flight, and I can bring a bag or check on in without extra fees... plus the staff is great and I like them. Planning ahead is the name of this game.

Allegiant you get a D.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment