Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spring is in the air..... Finally

Today the weather was perfect for a hike... if you are the hiking type.
Normally I leave that kind of activity to the nature lovers.

Chell and I decided that this nice, mild day would be perfect for a ride up to Red Rock Canyon..


After all the internet promised all sorts of exotic animals and scenery..

Find me if you can!
We didn't see any of the Burros, wild horses or Max The Turtle as promised...
What we did see is a line of cars to pay $7.00 to get a day of nature.
We joined the crowd and started into the canyon...

Everywhere we tried to stop and gaze, the lack of parking spaces made for some creative parking..
The sides of the roads were crowded long rows poorly parallel parked cars...
Earthy crunchy folks dont really know how to do it right.

World record for tightest parallel parking


So we fought for our spots and got all ready for some fresh 70 degree air!



Not a cloud in the sky... Just a little pollen and dust and stuff..


Yup the Rock is Red!


It was so nice out that the Moon decided to stay the day.... 


I took this picture cause it reminded me of how Dad loved nature as a frame.. 


l
We didn't see many critters, but I thought this looked like a vulture..   use your imagination.
We decided to get adventurous and actually hike a little.. into the rock, cactus and ouchie bushes... 

Why the hell not? 
The posted map said the trail was only a little over a mile and easy... 
I can do easy and more importantly you can do a hike that short without needing a bathroom...   Plumbing is my friend.

We saw the crazy people as we fought the trail... 

Um.. where is the handrail?  Who tagged this a trail easy?  I did it though and am alive to  blog the tale.
 I survived my day of crowded sight seeing ..  It was fun to finally check out the infamous Red Rock Canyon..


Will I go back?

Probably not.. 
If you are in the Vegas area and you want to see some spectacular mountains and Red Rocks.. Go to Valley of Fire on the other side of the city..
Not crowded at all.. the sights are actually better. 

Red Rock Canyon gets a grade C
My company for the adventure gets a A+ 


I had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment